Monday, June 7, 2010

"Learning Means Dignity"

Learning means dignity
From an interview with Pedro Reyes Millan
http://www.inmotionmagazine.com/global/prm_int.html#Anchor-Learning-23240

"My work is handicraft work. It makes me very happy. I feel dignity because I find that with the more work that I do I find new knowledge in relation to my work. I pick up a piece and I start to work the piece, and I find something different from the piece of wood I was working last night. Always I am learning something. And learning means dignity.

To live is to work and act in a creative way. And by creative I mean dreams, emotion, feeling, intuition. When working on a piece of wood, I realize that in working with this piece as a tool I can communicate with other people. I feel that the people will understand what I am trying to say with that piece of wood. And I feel good, comfortable, with dignity, working with this approach."

No comments:

Post a Comment